Strawberry and Basil Salad from Blue Duck Tavern's Chef de Cuisine Brad Deboy
Spring Strawberry and Basil Salad
• 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
• 1 TBSP white balsamic vinegar
• ½ TBSP honey
• 2 strawberries
• 1 cup strawberry
• 1/3 cup granola
• ½ shaved radishes
• 1 sprig of basil
• ½ oz fresh goat cheese
- In a blender, place 2 clean strawberries cut in pieces
- Add honey and vinegar, a pinch of salt, and fresh cracked black peppercorn.
- Blend until it turns into a smooth puree.
- On low speed, gradually emulsify the puree with EVOO
- Wash all ingredients
- Trim strawberries, cut them in half
- Shave the radishes with a mandolin, or cut them in very thin slices with a sharp knife
- Pick the basil leaves, stack them together and finely cut them in stripes. Save the tiny leaves for decoration.
- Toss the strawberries and radishes in the strawberry dressing
- Place them in an individual salad bowl
- Sprinkle with granola and goat cheese crumbs
- Drizzle drops of dressing around the salad and top with reserved basil leaves